Panayiotis Koutsabasis is an associate professor of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) at the Department of Product & Systems Design Engineering, University of the Aegean, Greece. He holds a Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction from the University of the Aegean, M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Information Systems from the Athens University of Economics and Business.
Panayiotis has been teaching HCI and several other related courses (Advanced User Interfaces, CSCW, Design for All, Mobile HCI, Interaction Design studio, etc.) for over 15 years and he has supervised over 70 diplomae and M.Sc. theses in those subjects.
His research interests are wide-ranging, including HCI and design, user experience and evaluation studies of HCI, HCI and education, Natural User Interfaces (NUIs) (especially kinaesthetic and gaze interaction), Virtual Worlds and Virtual Reality, in domains of application like education, cultural heritage, cooperation, and design support. He has conducted various studies about aspects of the user experience in HCI, concerning usability, accessibility and collaborative work in interactive technologies like the web, mobile devices, and virtual worlds, with various user groups including people with special needs and older adults.
He has worked as a technical coordinator and researcher in more than 20 European and national collaborative R&D projects.
He has co-authored almost 70 papers in scientific journals, conferences and book chapters and 2 books on HCI (in Greek).
He is member of ACM Greek SIGCHI and a tactical reviewer in a many scientific journals and conferences.
- 2002 Ph.D. Department of Information and Communication Systems Engineering, University of the Aegean, Greece.
- 1997 MS.C. Information Systems, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece.
- 1995 BS.C. Department of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece.
- Koutsabasis, P. Vogiatzidakis, P. (2019) Empirical Research in Mid-Air Interaction: A Systematic Review, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Taylor and Francis.
Koutsabasis, P. and Vosinakis, S. (2018) Kinesthetic Interactions in Museums: Conveying Cultural Heritage by Making Use of Ancient Tools and (re-) Constructing Artworks, Virtual Reality, Springer.
Vosinakis, S. and Koutsabasis, P. (2018) Evaluation of Visual Feedback Techniques for Virtual Grasping with Bare Hands using Leap Motion and Oculus Rift, Virtual Reality, Springer.
Koutsabasis, P. (2017) Empirical Evaluations of Interactive Systems in Cultural Heritage: A Review, International Journal on Computational Methods in Heritage Science, 1(1).
Patsoule, E. & Koutsabasis, P. (2014) Redesigning Web Sites for Older Adults: A Case Study, Behaviour & Information Technology, 33:6, 561-573.
Vosinakis, S. & Koutsabasis, P. (2012) Problem-Based Learning for Design & Engineering Activities in Virtual Worlds, PRESENCE: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, 21:3, MIT Press.
Koutsabasis, P. & Vosinakis, S. (2012) Rethinking HCI Education for Design: Problem-Based Learning and Virtual Worlds at an HCI Design Studio, International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 28:8, pp. 485-499, Taylor & Francis.
Koutsabasis, P. Vosinakis, S. Malisova, K. Paparounas, N. (2012) On the Value of Virtual Worlds for Collaborative Design, Design Studies, Volume 33, Issue 4, July 2012, Pages 357–390, Elsevier Science.
- Π. Κουτσαμπάσης (2015) Αξιολόγηση Διαδραστικών Συστημάτων με Επίκεντρο τον Χρήστη: Ευχρηστία, Προσβασιμότητα, Συνεργατική Εργασία, Εμπειρία του Χρήστη. Ελληνικά Ακαδημαϊκά Συγγράμματα και Βοηθήματα. Σύνδεσμος Ελληνικών Ακαδημαϊκών Βιβλιοθηκών, 2015.
- Π. Κουτσαμπάσης (2011) Αλληλεπίδραση Ανθρώπου-Υπολογιστή: Αρχές, Μέθοδοι και Παραδείγματα. Εκδόσεις Κλειδάριθμος, 2011.