She started her career as a Marketing Executive. She worked in Greek and multi-national companies for around 14 years.
Her love for knowledge transfer and her multifaceted experience with young people directed her towards an academic career. For the past overall 16 years she has been teaching in the Athens University of Economics and Business, while also cooperating with the Hellenic Open University for 10 years, and Cyprus Open University for 2 years, and writing various articles in highly regarded scientific reviews and educational manuals. Since October 2016 serves Athens University of Economics and Business as a Visiting Professor by teaching at PostGrad programs and supervising thesis or participating in other projects.
At the same time (and until now), she has been working as a Company Consultant & Seminar instructor / facilitator on issues of Branding & Marketing Strategic Management under the sustainability perspective which is strongly appreciated by Irini.
This course, in combination with her faith in people and their potential, direct her towards Psychology and, very recently, towards Coaching. She is currently a Certified Coach by the University of Cambridge, UK.
She considers it essential to offer her knowledge and personal interest in developmental processes oriented towards personal potential, especially for young people. Her approach is related to her conviction that "potential exists within ourselves”; therefore, each one’s authenticity and uniqueness constitute the foundation stone for building our Self-Strategy. In her lectures as well seminars, she selects Hands-On & Action Learning methodologies, which increase their effectiveness.
For several years shares her opinions with marketing practitioners through her column Marketeyesing on the Marketing Week review and recently on the natura nrg, holistic magazine.
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behaviour and Psychology of Consumer
- Wellness & new holistic management
- 2000 University of the Aegean, Greece Business Administration Dept., Philosophy Degree (PhD.) in Marketing, Title: “Strategic Decision making model on Brand creation and naming”, [Viva: May 17th , 2000 – Grade: 10 , Excellent]
- 1995 University of the Piraeus, Business Administration Dept., Specialty: Marketing, Total Quality Management
- 1990 Koeln University /Hellenic – German Chambers of commerce & industry Business Administration – Industrial and Sales Management Specialty: “Production Manager” [‘Industriekauffrau’]
- 2016 Pennsylvania State University, USA, Certificate on “Creativity, Innovation, Change”
- 2010 University of Cambridge, Institute of Continuous Education, Certificate on Coaching
- 2006 Educational Centre, ANTISTOIXH, Systemic Psychology
- Biophysis Company SA, 1999-2000 [Marketing Director]
- Bayer Hellas SA, 1986-1999, [ Group Product Manager..]
- Kladou, St., Kavaratzis M., Rigopoulou I., Salonika El., (2015-2016). The role of Brand elements in destination branding, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, [επίκειται] [IF 1.024].
- Rigopoulou I., Chaniotakis I., Kehagias J., (2015-2016). An extended technology acceptance model for predicting smartphone adoption among young consumers in Greece, International Journal of Mobile Communication,
- Bellou, V., Rigopoulou, I., Kehagias, I. (2015). Employer of choice: does gender matter?. Gender in Management: An International Journal, 30(8), 613-634 [indexed in SCOPUS, jql ranking].*
- Bellou V., Rigopoulou Ir., Chaniotakis I., Kehagias J. (2015). Employer Brand of Choice: An Employee Perspective, Journal of Business Economics and Management, 16(6), 1201-1215 [Taylor & Francis ed., 2014 IF: 0.723]
- Rigopoulou, I., Theodosiou, M., Katsikea, E., & Perdikis, N. (2012). Information control, role perceptions, and work outcomes of boundary-spanning frontline managers. Journal of Business Research, 65(5), 626-633.
- Strategic Brand Management, J.-N. Kapferer, Scientific Supervision for the Greek edition, ed. Rosili. 2014.
Academic notes and chapters:
- Selling techniques for Brands, AUEB publ., 2015.
- Websites as a communication vehicle, National School of public management, 2010, [355pp. / 172 ppt]
- Digital Marketing, co-author with Aik. Vassilikopoulou, Hellenic Open University, 2007, [pp.: 172-302].
- Retailing and Distribution, co-author with G. Panygirakis, AUEB publ., 2001-2002, [286pp.].