Mechanics: Vectors, Newton laws, kinetic energy and work, potential energy and conservation of energy, center of mass and linear momentum, collisions, rotation and angular momentum, oscillations. Thermodynamics: temperature and heat, first law of thermodynamics, entropy and second law. Waves and sounds.
The students are able to:
- understand the basic concepts of physics (Mechanics, thermodynamics and waves)
- solve engineering problems using fundamental principles
- develop the mathematical problem using the initial conditions of the physical problem
- Halliday, Resnick, Krane, Physics Α.
- Halliday, Resnick, Krane, Physics Β.