V.C. Moulianitis is a graduate of the Mechanical Engineer and Aeronautics Dept of the University of Patras (1996). He has completed doctoral studies (2004) at the same university in the field of mechatronics design. Since 2018, he is serving as Assistant Professor of the Department of Product and Systems Engineering of the University of the Aegean (Design of mechatronic product and systems).
His research activity extends to the areas of mechatronic design robotics, focused in kinematics and robotic arm optimization. He has published more than 65 papers on the above topics in international scientific journals, book chapters and international and national scientific conferences.
His published work has attracted more than 100 citations (h-index: 6). He has a rich teaching experience - at undergraduate and postgraduate level - teaching courses on mechatronics, mechanisms design and analysis, vehicle design, design for manufacturing and more. He has also been a member of the Scientific Committee of the program of many scientific conferences in the field of robotics.
- Design of mechatronic products and systems focused on modeling phases of the conceptual design phase.
- Design of controllers for robotic arms, mechatronic systems and for rehabilitation of lower limb disabilities.
- Design of medical devices.
- Design of robotic cells with metamorphic arms.
- Mechatronic gripper design.
- Robot Kinematics.
- 2004 Ph.D. Diploma Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, University of Patras. Title: “Modeling of the conceptual design phase based in Artificial Intelligence techniques- Application to Mechatronics Design”.
- 1996 Mechanical Engineering Diploma,Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, University of Patras.
- Stravopodis, N. A., and V. C. Moulianitis (2021). "Rectilinear tasks optimization of a modular serial metamorphic manipulator." Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics 13, no. 1
- Katsanis, Ilias A.; Moulianitis, Vassilis C. (2021). An Architecture for Safe Child–Robot Interactions in Autism Interventions. Robotics 10, no. 1: 20
- Antonio Jimeno-Morenilla, Philip Azariadis, Rafael Molina-Carmona, Sofia Kyratzi, Vassilis Moulianitis (2021), Technology enablers for the implementation of Industry 4.0 to traditional manufacturing sectors: A review, Accepted for publication in Computers in Industry.
- Koukos-Papagiannis, C., Moulianitis, V., & Aspragathos, N. (2020). Classification of All Non-Isomorphic Regular and Cuspidal Arm Anatomies in an Orthogonal Metamorphic Manipulator. Robotics, 9(2), 20.
- Xidias, E., Moulianitis, V., & Azariadis, P. (2020). Optimal robot task scheduling based on adaptive neuro-fuzzy system and genetic algorithms. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 1-13
- Sharkawy, A. N., Papakonstantinou, C., Papakostopoulos, V., Moulianitis, V. C., & Aspragathos, N. (2020). Task Location for High Performance Human-Robot Collaboration. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 1-20.
- C. Valsamos, A. Wolniakowski, K.Miatliuk and V.C. Moulianitis (2019), Optimal Placement of a Kinematic Robotic Task for the Minimization of Required joint velocities. International Journal of Mechanics and Control, 20, 1, 3-14.
- Moulianitis, V. C., Zachiotis, G. A., & Aspragathos, N. A. (2018). A new index based on mechatronics abilities for the conceptual design evaluation. Mechatronics, 49, 67-76.
- Dimeas, F., Moulianitis, V. C., & Aspragathos, N. (2018). Manipulator performance constraints in human-robot cooperation. Robotics and computer-integrated manufacturing, 50, 222-233.
- The paper «Suboptimal Anatomy of Metamorphic Manipulators Based on the High Rotational Dexterity» achieved the «Best Paper Award on Application of Metamorphic Mechanisms» in the 3rd IEEE/IFToMM International Conference on Reconfigurable Mechanisms and Robots 2015 (ReMAR2015).
- The paper «Cuspidality Investigation of a Metamorphic Serial Manipulator» selected as a finalist in the «Robotics and Mechatronics» category in the 15ο IFToMM World Congress on Mechanism and Machine Science (2019).