Associate Professor (Engineering Mechanics)
Department of Product and Systems Design Engineering,
University of the
Tel: +30-22810-97122, Fax: +30-22810-97009, Email: ppap(at)aegean.gr
Finite element modelling of structures and processes, strength and fatigue of metals and composites, analytical and experimental fracture mechanics, mechanical behavior of nano-structures.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering,
Applied Mechanics, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Applied Mechanics, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
Institute of Structures and Advanced Materials (ISTRAM),
Dept. of Product and Systems Design Engineering,
University of the
Dept. of Product and Systems Design Engineering,
University of the
Undergraduate courses: Engineering Mechanics (Statics & Mechanics of Materials), Physics for Engineers, Computational Product Analysis and Manufacturing, Analysis and Design of Mechanisms
Graduate courses: Mechanics and Materials in Design, Computational Design and Analysis of Structures
1. Analysis of deployable structures of complex curvature, E. Scourboutis (since 3/2010).
2. Design of a service robotic system, D. Ioannou (since 5/2010).
and technologies for sustainable product design in
4. The contribution of Greek legislation in the development of wind power plants in south Aegean using fuzzy logic, K. Ntoufexis (since 12/2014).
5. Integrated methodology for the analysis and repair of cracked aircraft elements using a parametric CAD/CAE system, K. Bailas (since 6/2016).
1. Investigation of the effect of non-perfect interfaces on the overall mechanical and thermal behavior of nano-composites, N. Karalis, N.T.U.A., completed 3/2015.
An Approach to
identify the appropriate design requirements and specifications to define the
target percept of an in-car interface: Case of non-visual senses,
behaviour of elastic solids with finite strains and increasing mass,
Three-dimensional modeling of human foot and finite
element analysis of the foot/shoe interaction during walking, Z. Koutkalaki, University of
Evaluation of mechanical comfort of shoes using
three-dimensional finite element modeling, P. Papagiannis, University
6. Development of models to model the structural integrity of existing structures, N. Mitsopoulou, N.T.U.A., since 2/2015.
7. Theoretical and experimental investigation of the mechanical behavior of FRP-reinforced concrete structural elements, L. Konstantiou, N.T.U.A., since 2/2015.
8. Development of models for the analysis of the mechanical behavior of masonry constructions, V. Tsitsos, N.T.U.A., since 12/2015.
1. Analysis of the mechanical behaviour of concrete structural elements reinforced with FRP bars, V. Karatzaferis, N.T.U.A., 1/2010.
prediction of mechanical behavior and failure of
Development of methodologies for the non-linear
analysis of large structures, S. Belesis,
of fuzzy vector quantization methods for the efficient compression of digital
image, D. Tsolakis, University of the
5. The unified method of two-phase potentials in studying the interaction of singularities and cracked bi-materials interfaces, G. Mavroyiannis, N.T.U.A., 3/2013.
crack growth prediction under mode I-loading in aluminium alloy friction stir
weld, A. Tzamtzis,
numerical methodology for the parametric estimation of the mechanical
properties of carbon nanotubes reinforced polymers and composites, A. Chanteli,
1. Shape optimization of structural elements using Pro/Mechanica, M. Manousaridou, 5/2006.
2. Mechanical behavior of composites reinforced with carbon nanotubes, D. Nikolopoulos, 6/2007.
3. Analysis and design of a composite industrial floor tile, P. Loukopoulou, 10/2008.
4. Study of systems measuring foot pressure during walking, D. Iatridis, 12/2008.
5. Performance evaluation of photovoltaic system with sun tracking, Th. Kokkalis, 2/2009.
6. F.E. study of the mechanical behavior of multiwall carbon nanotubes, F. Efthimiou, 6/2009.
7. Self-healing polymeric materials: Evaluation of mechanical properties and strength using the finite element method, …. Drillias, 6/2009.
8. Design of a portable audio player, M. Kotsopoulou, 9/2009.
9. Design, analysis and manufacturing of moulds for a portable audio player, D. Stassinopoulos, 9/2009.
10. Analysis and design of metallic and composite patches to cracked curved aluminium plates: Application to airframe structural elements, T. Paschos, 5/2010.
11. Comparative study of shape optimization between two commercial finite element programs, K. Bailas, 6/2010.
12. Study of the energy
efficiency of passive solar systems to improve thermal comfort in buildings,
13. Shape optimization of metal and composite sheets to reduce stress concentration, M. Kozanidi, 9/2010.
14. Energy autonomy of homes in the Aegean islands, K. Sarakinis, 6/2011.
15. The development of city
characteristics and the evolution of
16. Educational robotics in secondary education, A. Vardiabasis, 6/2013.
17. Energy control and building
inspection: Suggestions for energy savings,
18. Textile product design for the detection and monitoring of persons with Alzheimer's disease, Aim. Petsava, 10/2014.
19. Design of a warm air control
system adjusted on radiators,
20. Topology and geometry optimization of a roof truss load-bearing structure, D. Diakodimitriou, 3/2015.
21. Analysis of wooden structural elements, G. Kapellos, 6/2015.
22. Study and design of alternative front suspension systems for motorcycle, N. Politopoulos, 10/2016.
23. Wind energy and construction of wind turbine: construction materials study, F. Tsantilas, 1/2017.
24. Design of cement lighting
25. External car design and determination of aerodynamic loads in Ansys, Th. Arzoglou, 6/2017.
1. Analysis of dental implants using the finite element method, M. Doussia, 6/2007.
2. Development of a biomechanical model to evaluate the torque in a wheelchair, I. Malliaros, 10/2007.
3. Shape optimization of beams with uniformly spaced holes, P. Belitsou, 11/2008.
4. Design of ephemeral and reconfigurable structure to serve cultural activities in the urban environment, E. Papandreou, 5/2009.
5. Design of a scaffold system for a sidewalk with regards to accessibility and safety of pedestrians, M. Klironomos, 10/2009.
and design of planar mechanisms using Pro/Engineer,
7. Optimization of metallic and composite patches, A. Koutroumanou, 1/2010.
8. Study of self-healing materials: modelling of laminated composites containing hollow fibres, K. Sifaki, 6/2010.
and analysis of tensegrity structures,
10. Optimization of structures: Topology optimization of some basic structural elements of aircraft, P. Christodoulou, 6/2010.
11. Study of the evolution of aircraft design: Materials and design methodologies, V. Grimba, 6/2010.
12. Optimization of reinforced composite structural elements, E. Iordanidou 7/2010.
13. Study of mechanical joints
in small wooden structures,
14. Use of composite materials in product design: a study of their specifications and their mechanical behaviour when used in manufacturing sporting goods, A. Panayiotou, 2/2011.
15. Study of the specifications for the proper design of a moulded polymer product, G. Gabriel, 7/2011.
16. Analysis and design of structural health monitoring systems of aircraft, D. Gotsis, 10/2011.
17. Analysis and optimization of joints in small wooden structures, M. Kiara, 10/2011.
18. Fabric as material for
19. Shape memory materials:
Study of actuators made of smart magnetic materials,
20. Shape memory materials and their applications, T. Kottidi, 6/2012.
21. Design, analysis and simulation of patches in composite aircraft structures, Ch. Tsalkakis, 6/2012.
22. Study of the mechanical behaviour of honeycomb panels for use in furniture, H. Chasapopoulou, 9/2012.
23. Building with natural materials: Study of the rammed earth process, A. Kaklidi, 10/2012.
24. Energy and carbon footprint in relation to food choices, D. Papadopoulou, 10/2012.
25. Textile history, evolution
and technological applications: Study on composite nonwovens,
26. Modelling the mechanical behaviour of carabiners for use in rock climbing, K. Kounadis, 10/2012.
27. Study of auxetic materials: analysis of mechanical joints of auxetic metal foams and auxetic composite laminates, V. Katranidis, 2/2013.
28. Acoustics of small rooms: application in small recording studio, I. Psillas, 2/2013.
29. Haptic interfaces using smart materials: study of shape memory alloy actuators, D. Vasilopoulou, 7/2013.
30. Use of smart materials in textiles, Aik. Papadomanolaki, 10/2013.
31. Study of lighting design and evaluation of lighting system in passenger aircraft cabin with respect passenger comfort, A. Katseni, 10/2013.
32. Study of surfboard design guidelines and construction of a functional prototype, M. Kalozoumi, 10/2013.
33. Study of autonomous photovoltaic systems, A. Rapti, 2/2014.
34. Design and optimization of a component for the elongation of the rear drive shaft of a four-wheeled vehicle, K. Ntoufexis, 2/2014.
35. Use of bio-composites in industry, Ch. Diamantidou, 2/2014.
36. Study and analysis of the basic structure of a snowboard, A. Ioannidis, 2/2014.
37. Study of technology and materials for food and beverage packaging, E. Vertzah-Vresah, 7/2014.
38. Study of the mechanical behaviour of micro-trusses, K. Siamos, 10/2014.
39. Study and analysis of a windsurf board, E. Mponi, 10/2014.
40. Study and analysis of the embodied energy of traditional and ecological materials used in residential buildings, G. Giota, 3/2015.
41. Fatigue strength of a reinforced steel ship hull, G. Arakas, 3/2015
42. Study and analysis of a
product exhibition stand made of corrugated board,
43. Analysis of dovetail joints in a aeroengine compressor disc, I. Syrmis, 3/2015.
44. E-posters in academic/scientific conferences Ė guidelines, comparative study and new suggestions, M. Pissaridi, 6/2015.
45. Study and analysis of modular scaffolding, P. Kotronis, 7/2015.
46. Detailed design of multipurpose furniture for children from 0 to 36 months old, B. Poulaki, 7/2015.
47. Study of the application of Product Service Systems (PSS) in the manufacturing and construction sectors, A. Xantes, 10/2015.
48. Study and analysis of a Bamboo bicycle frame, A. Mavropoulou, 10/2015.
49. Study of chocolate and its mechanical properties, A. Mountricha, 10/2015.
50. Study and analysis of the mechanical behavior of hybrid glass fiber reinforced composite (GLARE) using the finite element method, D. Loizou, 10/2015.
51. The revival of Sparto: A
research on the potential of a forgotten natural fiber in todayís world,
52. Study and analysis of a car wheel, A. Perakis, 3/2016.
53. Design and construction of an exchangerís support and cover system, G. Anastasopoulou, 3/2016.
54. Lighting control and management System: An automated device design for professional spaces, F. Larozas, 3/2016.
55. Case study of the interior design of a three-room apartment system aiming for the support of best quality of living, A. Kalpyri, 3/2016.
56. Design of space for preparation and cooking of food, M. Roulios, 3/2016.
57. Interior design and exterior re-design of small scale, secondary education tuition centre, ÍŽŖžŠÍŠÚ, D. Seleridis, 3/2016.
58. Design, construction and evaluation of clay containing recycled glass, M. Xsynou, 6/2016.
59. Study and analysis of cracked structural components using Creo, G. Klossas, 7/2016.
60. Design of automatic storage and dosing system for Greek coffee and sugar, A. Dimopoulos, 9/2016.
61. Study and design of staircase for small interior spaces, L. Kontou, 9,2016.
62. Design of distillation apparatus for home distillation of tsipouro, with useful detachable parts, G. Armaos, 10/2016.
63. Design of trolley for city street cleaners, Y. Kouka, 10/2016.
64. Study of construction, mechanical behavior and applications of wool felt, A. Polizoidou,10/2016.
65. Design of smart mirror for use in the bathroom, A. Merkouri, 10/2016.
Study and design of acoustic guitar made of composite
67. Design of an indoors portable bicycle stand, L. Vasalakis, 2/2017.
68. Study, design and construction of prototypes of an electric outboard motor and an electric foldable bicycle, using the same motor, for use on 25 to 40 ft length sailboats, V. Siourounis, 3/2017.
69. Study of new material for bouzouki soundboard, K. Babaris, 3/2017.
70. Design of multifunctional furniture for pharmacies, D. Louizos, 3/2017.
71. Design of polymorphic furniture for children from birth to adolescence, S. Giolma, 3/2017.
Design and implementation of educational robotics
workshop, in accordance with the principles of STEM education, for students
between the ages of 9-12,
73. Design and construction of electric musical instrument, K. Vasilakis, 3/2017.
Pedestrian and waiting shelter design for the urban
75. Study of factors influencing passenger comfort in aircrafts, A. Basileiadi, 7/2017.
76. Study of sustainable materials from agricultural waste: Mycofoam and its applications, M. Katsimitsi, 7/2017.
∑ Participation in the following departmental committees: Student Affairs, Internships, Curriculum, Dissertations.
∑ Member of the Senate of the University of the Aegean (2006-2007, 2011-2012).
∑ Departmental Coordinator of the Internship Program (2007-2015).
Deputy Chairman of the
Department of Product and Systems Engineering, University of the
∑ Participation in 21 electoral bodies and 3 recommendatory committees for electing faculty members.
∑ External evaluator for 4 faculty members elections.
Sciences and Engineering Research Council of
1. Design and Analysis of Dovetail Joints in Aeroengine Discs
2. Fatigue Behaviour of Aeroengine Compressor Assemblies
3. Three-Dimensional Finite Element Analysis of Cold Hole Expansion for Aerospace Applications
4. Fatigue Fracture Behaviour of Interacting Holes
5. Effect of Residual Stresses upon the Fatigue Behaviour of Airframe Alloys
6. Finite Element Analysis of the Shot Peening Process
7. Biomechanical Analysis of Dental and Orthopedic Implants
8. FEM in Design of Recreational Equipment
9. Efficient Design and Verification of Composite Structures (EDAVCOS) - Funding agent: European Union(BRITE/EURAM) - Coordinator: SAAB - Project duration: 1/2/98-31/1/01†
10. Integrated Design Environment for Simulation and Numerical Analysis of Production Processes (D-SIGN) - Funding agent: European Union(BRITE/EURAM) - Coordinator: ESI - Project duration: 1/8/98-30/11/01
11. Services for Collaborative SMEs Aeronautical Technical Research (SCRATCH) - Funding agent: European Union - Coordinator: EuroInter - Project duration: 1/2/99-30/9/00
Joints in Composite Aircraft Structures (BOJCAS) - Funding agent: European
- Coordinator: Un.
13. Technology Application to the Near-Term Business Goals and Objectives of the Aerospace Industry (TANGO) - Funding agent: European Union(GROWTH) - Coordinator: AIRBUS - Project duration: 1/4/00-31/3/05
14. Services for Collaborative SMEs Aeronautical Technical Research II (SCRATCH II) - Funding agent: European Union - Coordinator: EuroInter - Project duration: 1/10/00-31/3/01
15. Advanced Design Concepts and Maintenance by Integrated Risk Evaluation for Aerostructures (ADMIRE) - Funding agent: European Union(GROWTH) - Coordinator: ALENIA†† - Project duration: 1/2/01-31/7/04
16. Improve and Assess Repair Capability of Aircraft Structures (IARCAS) - Funding agent: European Union(GROWTH) - Coordinator: AIRBUS - Project duration: 1/7/01-31/12/05
17. Investigation on Damage Tolerance Behavior of Aluminium Alloys (IDA) - Funding agent: European Union(GROWTH) - Coordinator: AIRBUS - Project duration: 1/1/02-31/12/04
18. Services for Collaborative SMEs Aerospace Technical Research 3 (SCRATCH 3) - Funding agent: European Union - Coordinator: EuroInter - Project duration: 1/5/02-29/2/04
19. Development of Innovative and Advanced Laminates for Future Aircraft Structure (DIALFAST) - Funding agent: European Union(STREP) - Coordinator: AIRBUS - Project duration: 1/1/04-31/12/06
20. Deformation measurement in FRP reinforced concrete structures using geodetic methods and fibre sensors, Programme Pythagoras, EPEAEK, 2004-2006.
21. Structural health monitoring of glass-reinforced composites using embedded CNT fibers - Funding agent: Latsis Foundation - Coordinator: NTUA - Project duration: 1/1/10-31/12/10.
22. Experimental and theoretical investigation of mechanical properties degradation of the aeronautical Aluminum alloy 2024 due to corrosion, Archimedes III Programme, 2012-2015.
23. Development of cost-effective and accurate computer-aided design and engineering (CAD/CAE) tools for the determination and optimization of footwear comfort parameters (OPT-SHOES), ARISTEIA Programme, 2012-2015.
Reviewer for: Advances in Computational Design, Aerospace Science and Technology, Carbon, Ciência & Tecnologia dos Materiais, Composites part B: Engineering, Composite Structures, Computational Materials Science, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, International Journal of Fatigue, International Journal of Solids and Structures, International Journal of Structural Integrity, Journal of Composite Materials, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, Journal of Materials Science, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Materials Science and Engineering A, Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, Mechanics of Materials, Physica Status Solidi B: Basic Solid State Physics.
T1. P. Papanikos, On the structural integrity
of dovetail joints in aeroengine
discs, M.A.Sc. Thesis,
T2. P. Papanikos, Mechanics of
mixed mode fatigue behaviour of cold worked adjacent holes, Ph.D. Thesis,
B1. Sp. Pantelakis and P. Papanikos, in Problems of fracture mechanics and fatigue: A solution guide, edited by E.E. Gdoutos, C.A. Rodopoulos and J.R. Yates, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003.
B2. K.I. Tserpes, P. Papanikos, G.N. Labeas and Sp. Pantelakis, Multi-scale modeling of tensile behavior of carbon nanotube-reinforced composites, in Particle and Continuum Aspects of Mesomechanics (eds G. C. Sih, M. Naït-Abdelaziz and T. Vu-Khanh), ISTE, London, UK. doi: 10.1002/9780470610794.ch33, 2007.
M1. K.I. Tserpes and P. Papanikos, Finite element modeling of the tensile behavior of carbon nanotubes, graphene and their composites in Modeling of carbon nanotubes, graphene and their composites, edited by K.I. Tserpes and N. Silvestre, Springer Series in Materials Science 188, pp. 303-329, 2014.
J1. P. Papanikos and S.A. Meguid, Theoretical and experimental studies of fretting-initiated fatigue failure of aeroengine compressor discs, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, 17(5), 539-550, 1994.
J2. S.A. Meguid, M.H. Refaat and P. Papanikos, Theoretical and experimental studies of the structural integrity of dovetail joints in aeroengine discs, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 56, 668-677 1996.
J3. P. Papanikos, S.A. Meguid and Z. Stjepanovic, Three-dimensional nonlinear finite element analysis of dovetail joints in aeroengine discs, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 29(3-4), 173-186, 1998.
J4. P. Papanikos and S.A. Meguid, Three-dimensional finite element analysis of cold expansion of adjacent holes, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 40(10), 1019-1028, 1998.
J5. X.D. Wang, S.A. Meguid and P. Papanikos, Analysis of curved cracks emanating from adjacent holes, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 64, 337-355, 1999.
J6. P. Papanikos and S.A. Meguid, Elasto-plastic finite element analysis of cold expansion of adjacent fastener holes, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 93, 424-428, 1999.
J7. Sp.G. Pantelakis, Em.Ch. Kyriakakis and P. Papanikos, Non-destructive fatigue damage characterization of laminated thermosetting fibrous composites, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, 24(10), 651-662, 2001.
J8. K.I. Tsepres, P. Papanikos and Th. Kermanidis, A three-dimensional progressive damage model for bolted joints in composite laminates subjected to tensile loading, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, 24(10), 663-676, 2001.
J9. K.I. Tserpes, G. Labeas, P. Papanikos and Th. Kermanidis, Strength prediction of bolted joints in graphite/epoxy composite laminates, Composites Part B: Engineering, 33(7), 521-529, 2002.
J10. P. Papanikos, K.I. Tserpes and Sp.G. Pantelakis, Modelling of fatigue damage progression and life of CFRP laminates, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, 26, 37-47, 2003.
J11. S.A. Tsirkas, P. Papanikos, Th. Kermanidis, Numerical simulation of the laser welding process in butt-joint specimens, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 134, 59-69, 2003.
J12. S.A. Tsirkas, P. Papanikos, K. Pericleous, N. Strusevich, F. Boitout, J.M. Bergheau, Evaluation of distortions of laser welded shipbuilding parts using local-global finite element approach, Science and Technology of Welding and Joining, 8(2), 79-88, 2003.
J13. K.I.Tserpes, P. Papanikos, G. Labeas, Sp. Pantelakis, Fatigue damage accumulation and residual strength assessment of CFRP laminates, Composite Structures, 63(2), 219-230, 2004.
J14. P.V. Petroyiannis, Al.Th. Kermanidis, P. Papanikos, Sp.G. Pantelakis, Corrosion-induced hydrogen embrittlement of 2024 and 6013 aluminium alloys, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 41(1-3), 173-183, 2004.
J15. M.A. Kattis, P. Papanikos, E. Providas, Thermal Greenís functions in plane anisotropic bimaterials, Acta Mechanica, 173 (1-4), 65-76, 2004.
J16. P. Papanikos, K.I. Tserpes, G. Labeas, Sp. Pantelakis, Progressive damage modelling of bonded composite repairs, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 43(2), 189-198, 2005.
J17. K.I. Tserpes and P. Papanikos, Finite element modelling of single-walled carbon nanotubes, Composites Part B: Engineering, 36, 468-477, 2005.
J18. K.I. Tserpes, P. Papanikos, S.A. Tsirkas, A progressive fracture model for carbon nanotubes, Composites Part B: Engineering, 37, 662-669, 2006.
J19. K.I. Tserpes and P. Papanikos, The effect of Stone-Wales defect on the tensile behavior and fracture of single-walled carbon nanotubes, Composite Structures, 79(4), 581-589, 2007.
J20. P. Papanikos, K.I. Tserpes and Sp. Pantelakis, Initiation and progression of composite patch debonding in adhesively repaired cracked metallic sheets, Composite Structures, 81(2), 303-311, 2007.
J21. K.I. Tserpes, P. Papanikos, G. Labeas and Sp. Pantelakis, Multi-scale modeling of tensile behaviour of carbon nanotube reinforced composites, Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 49(1), 51-60, 2008.
J22. P. Papanikos, D.D. Nikolopoulos and K.I. Tserpes, Equivalent beams for carbon nanotubes, Computational Materials Science, 43(2), 345-352, 2008.
J23. A.D. Alexopoulos and P. Papanikos, Experimental and theoretical studies of corrosion-induced mechanical properties degradation of aircraft 2024 aluminium alloy, Materials Science and Engineering A, 498, 248-257, 2008.
J24. K.I. Tserpes and P. Papanikos, Continuum modeling of carbon nanotube-based super-structures, Composite Structures, 91, 131-137, 2009.
J25. Z. Koutkalaki, P. Papagiannis, P. Azariadis, P. Papanikos, S. Kyratzi, D. Zissis, D.Lekkas and E. Xidias, Towards a foot bio-model for performing finite element analysis for footwear design optimization using a cloud infrastructure, Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 12(5), 507-518, 2015.
J26. P. Papagiannis, Z. Koutkalaki, P. Azariadis and P. Papanikos, Definition and evaluation of plantar mechanical comfort for the support of footwear design, Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 13(2), 162-172, 2016.
J27. D. Zissis, D. Lekkas, P. Azariadis, P. Papanikos and E. Xidias, Collaborative CAD/CAE as a cloud service, International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics, DOI: 10.1080/23302674.2016.1186237, 2017.
C1. S.A. Meguid, P. Papanikos
and M.H. Refaat, Finite element analysis of dovetail joints in aeroengine discs
using interface elements, Proceedings of the International Conference on
Computational Methods in
C2. P. Papanikos and S.A.
Meguid, Fatigue failure of dovetail joints in aeroengine discs, Proceedings of
Fatigue '93, pp. 465-470,
C3. S.A. Meguid, M.H. Refaat and
P. Papanikos, Theoretical and experimental studies of structural integrity of
dovetail joints in aeroengine discs, Proceedings of the International
Conference on Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies, pp. 1539-1547,
C4. S.A. Meguid and P.
Papanikos, Evaluation of the structural integrity of aeroengine compressor
discs using fracture mechanics, Proceedings of the 10th
International Conference on Experimental Mechanics, pp. 443-448,
C5. P. Papanikos and S.A.
Meguid, Fatigue crack growth behaviour of interacting holes in airframe alloys,
Proceedings of Mechanics in Design, Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering
Forum, pp. 731-739,
C6. S.A. Meguid, P. Papanikos,
Z. Stjepanovic and J. Najar, Three-dimensional finite element analysis of an
aeroengine compressor disc assembly, Proceedings of the 2nd International
Conference on the Application of Numerical Methods in Engineering, pp. 62-68,
C7. P. Papanikos and S.A.
Meguid, Elasto-plastic finite element analysis of cold expansion of adjacent
fastener holes, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on
Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies (AMPTí97), pp. 799-804,
C8. S.A. Meguid and P. Papanikos, Mechanics of the cold hole expansion of aerospace components (Invited Keynote Lecture), International Conference on Experimental Mechanics, Porto, Portugal, March 1998.
C9. Sp. Pantelakis, Em.Ch.† Kyriakakis and P. Papanikos, Fatigue damage
of laminated fibrous composites, Proceedings of MesoMechanics 2000, pp.
C10. Al.Th. Kermanidis, P. Papanikos and Sp.G. Pantelakis, Mesodamage of 2024-T3 aluminum alloy specimen due to corrosion-induced localized hydrogen embrittlement, CD-ROM Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Fracture, Hawaii, December 2001.
C11. P. Papanikos and K.I. Tserpes, Modelling the tensile behavior of composite bolted joints, CD-ROM Proceedings of the 4th GRACM Congress on Computational Mechanics, GRACM 2002, Patras, Greece, 27-29 June 2002.
C12. P. Papanikos and Al.Th.
Kermanidis, Effect of corrosion-induced hydrogen embrittlement on the fracture
toughness of 2024-T3 aluminum alloy, Proceedings of the Mesomechanics 2002
Conference, pp. 627-633,
C13. Th. Kermanidis, S.A.
Tsirkas, P. Papanikos, Effect of laser welding parameters on the distortion of
thin ship panels, International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering
(ICMEN), pp. 691-700,
C14. Th. ermanidis, K.I. ‘serpes, P. Papanikos, G. Labeas and Sp. Pantelakis, Fatigue damage accumulation and residual strength assessment of composite laminates through progressive damage modelling, Proceedings of the Mesomechanics 2003 Conference, pp. 167-174, Tokyo, Japan, 26-28 August 2003.
C15. V. Karatzaferis, M.A. Kattis, M.A. and P. Papanikos, Analysis of the bond-slip behaviour of FRP reinforcing bars in concrete, Proceedings of the 6th Mesomechanics Conference, pp. 446-451, Patras, May 31-June 4, 2004.
C16. P. Papanikos, K.I. Tserpes and G. Labeas, Progressive damage modelling of bonded composite repairs, Proceedings of the 6th Mesomechanics Conference, pp. 452-458, Patras, May 31-June 4, 2004.
C17. M. Tsakiri, C. Ioannidis, P. Papanikos and M.A. Kattis, Load testing measurements for structural assessment using geodetic and photogrammetric techniques, 1st FIG International Symposium on Engineering Surveys for Construction Works and Structural Engineering, Nottingham, UK, June 28-July 1, 2004.
C18. V. Karatzaferis, M. Kattis, P. Papanikos, Local shear-slip behavior in FRP reinforced concrete elements under cyclic loading, Proceedings of the 15th Hellenic Concrete Conference, Alexandroupolis, Greece, October 25-27, 2006 (in Greek).
C19. K.I. Tserpes and P. Papanikos, Tensile behavior and fracture of carbon nanotubes containing Stone-Wales defects, Proceedings of the 16th European Conference of Fracture, pp. 39-40, Alexandroupolis, Greece, June 3-7, 2006.
C20. K.I. Tserpes, P. Papanikos and Sp. Pantelakis, Continuum modelling of interfacial load transfer in carbon nanotube/polymer composites subjected to tension and bending, Proceedings of the Mesomechanics 2008 Conference, Cairo, Egypt, Jan 28-Feb 1, 2008.
C21. F.S. Efthimiou, P. Papanikos, K.I. Tserpes and Sp. Pantelakis, Continuum simulation of tensile, bending and torsional rigidities of multi-walled carbon nanotubes, Proceedings of the 9th HSTAM International Congress on Mechanics, Limassol, Cyprus, 12 Ė 14 July 2010.
C22. D. Ioannou, V. Moulianitis,
P. Papanikos, Swarm household robotics: A prospective approach, 2nd Hellenic
K.I. Tserpes, P. Papanikos, Fracture behavior and
strength of graphemes containing randomly dispersed defects, Proceeding of the
2nd International Conference of Engineering Against Fracture (ICEAF),
P. Papanikos, K.I. Tserpes, Stiffness evaluation of
polymers reinforced by specifically or randomly distributed carbon nanotubes,
Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS
K.I. Tserpes, P. Papanikos and Sp. Pantelakis,
Numerical study of carbon nanotube-based crack growth enhancement in polymers,
Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS
C26. P. Papanikos, P. Poulin, C. Bartholome, S.K. Kourkoulis and N.D. Alexopoulos, Characterization of PVA-CNT fiberís mechanical behavior: Testing and finite element modeling, Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS 16), Porto, Portugal, June 28-30, 2011.
C27. Z.S. Metaxa, N.D. Alexopoulos, P. Papanikos and C.Stergiou, Tensile mechanical behaviour of aeronautical 2024 and 2198 aluminum alloys after corrosion exposure, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Integrity, Reliability and Failure, (IRF 2013), Funchal, Portugal, June 23-27, 2013.
C28. P. Papanikos, I. Tapeinos, S.K. Kourkoulis and N.D. Alexopoulos, Finite element modelling of the shear stress distribution of embedded polyvinyl alcohol Ė carbon nanotube fibers in glass fiber reinforced composites, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Integrity, Reliability and Failure, (IRF 2013), Funchal, Portugal, June 23-27, 2013.
C29. Z. Koutkalaki, P. Papagiannis, Ph. Azariadis, P. Papanikos, S. Kyratzi, D. Zissis, D. Lekkas and E. Xidias, Towards a foot bio-model for performing finite element analysis for footwear design optimization using a Cloud infrastructure, Proceedings of CAD14, Hong Kong, June 23-26, 2014.
C30. P. Papanikos, Finite element
based optimization of bonded repairs with respect to strength and fatigue life,
Proceedings of ICAF 2014,
C31. P. Papanikos, Finite element
modelling of the mechanical behavior of polymers reinforced by randomly
distributed carbon nanotubes, Keynote lecture, Proceedings of the 39th Solid
Mechanics Conference, Zakopane
C32. Z. Koutkalaki, P. Azariadis
and P. Papanikos, Parametric study of the effect of soleís materials on plantar
pressure distribution using a finite element foot-footwear model, 3rd
International Leather Engineering Congress Innovative Aspects for Leather
Industry, IAFLI 2015,
C33. Z. Koutkalaki, P.
Papagiannis, P. Azariadis and P. Papanikos, Finite element evaluation of the
mechanical behaviour of a detailed foot/footwear model, Proceedings of
Mechanics and Materials in Design Conference (M2D2015),
C34. P. Papanikos, N.
Alexopoulos, C. Stergiou and V. Sagias, Simulation of surface corrosion damage
of aeronautical aluminum alloy 2024 with artificial surface defects,
Proceedings of Mechanics and Materials in Design Conference (M2D2015),
C35. E. Xidias, Z. Koutkalaki, P.
Papagiannis, P. Papanikos and P. Azariadis, Foot plantar pressure estimation
using artificial neural networks, 12th International Conference of Product
Number of citations of journal publications (excluding self-citations):
1480 (Scopus: h-index=20) and 1190 (Web of Science Core Collection: h-index=18).